14feb5:00 PM8:00 PMDarwin Day 2020 with Drs. Peter & Rosemary Grant
Howdy! The Texas A&M Institute for Genome Sciences and Society (TIGSS), Interdisciplinary Graduate Program in Genetics (GENE) and Ecology &
The Texas A&M Institute for Genome Sciences and Society (TIGSS), Interdisciplinary Graduate Program in Genetics (GENE) and Ecology & Evolutionary Biology Program (EEB) are pleased to present Darwin Day 2020, our annual celebration of all things biology! This year’s event will be held on Friday the 14th of February 2020 (Valentine’s Day) at the VENI building (TAMU Vet School). This is a family-friendly outreach event for all ages. Admission and parking is FREE.
This year, we are especially proud to be hosting celebrated biologists, Drs. Peter & Rosemary Grant of Princeton University, who will present a free public keynote talk titled “40 Years of Evolution: Darwin’s finches on Daphne Major Island.” Don’t miss this.
In addition to their talk, we have a number of interactive, educational and fun activities at the event. Full details available at eeb.tamu.edu/darwin-day-2020/
The agenda for this year is as follows:
- 5:00 pm: Doors Open
- 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm: Interactive exhibits and booths.
- 5:00 pm to 7:15 pm: Kids art contest (onsite. theme: draw your animal valentine).
- 5:00 pm to 7:15 pm: Grown-up art contest (completed submissions. Photos, sketches, paintings, papier mache).
- 5:00 pm to 7:30 pm: Tree of Life game for kids and adults.
- 6:30 pm to 7:15 pm: Keynote talk by Drs. Peter and Rosemary Grant.
- 7:30 to 7:45 pm: Cake time!
Please visit eeb.tamu.edu/darwin-day-2020/ for details about the location, parking, and details about activities, and to learn more about the keynote speakers.
We hope to see you all there!
The Ecology & Evolutionary Biology Program
(Friday) 5:00 PM - 8:00 PM CST
Raymond Stotzer Parkway, College Station