- B.S. in Biology, minor in Chemistry, College of Idaho, 2013
Enter program in 2014
My current research focuses on the pathogenesis of the gram-negative oral anaerobe, Campylobacter rectus, with emphasis on secretion systems (type III, type IV, and type VI) in relation to bacterial invasion and increased virulence.
- 12th Annual Pathways Student Research Symposium. Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi, Corpus Christi, TX. October 2015. Four Genome Sequences for Campylobacter rectus: An Emerging Pathogen.
- 18th International Workshop on Campylobacter, Helicobacter and Related Organisms. Rotorua, New Zealand. November 2015. The Importance of CiaB and Cellular Invasion to Campylobacter rectus Pathogenesis.
- 2015 12th Annual Pathways Student Research Symposium, 3rd place Poster Doctoral Level - Life Science.
- Texas A&M University College of Veterinary Medicine Travel Award - Fall 2015.
Memberships and Activities:
- American Society for Microbiology. Member 2015 - Present.
- Texas Branch of the American Society for Microbiology. Member 2015 - present.
- Genetics Graduate Student Association. Member 2014 - present. Interim Secretary Spring 2015. Secretary 2015 - present.
- College Of Veterinary Medicine Graduate Student Association. Member 2015 - present.