- B.S., Genetics, Clemson University, May 2011
Entered the program in 2011
I am working on identifying genes that affect grain yield in sorghum via QTL mapping.
Broader Impacts of Research Project:
The 2050 mandate to double our grain production is causing an increased need to understand and increase grain yield.
Quantitative genetics, genomics, plant genetics
Grants and Awards:
- Exceptional Performance in Teaching (Genetics)
- NSF-GRFP Honorable Mention
Membership and Activities:
- Genetics Graduate Student Association (2011-present)
- Recruiting Chair, Genetics Graduate Student Association (2012-2013)